Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Set me on Fire


“To the wrongs that need resistance, To the right that needs assistance, To the future in the distance, Give yourselves.”
Carrie Chapman Catt

The only thing I can regret is the night at Hot Damn! I knew she was cheating on me. I knew she was with him. I knew that each day i was in hell, and my friends knew it from the look on my face. I was an adolescent. Immature and hurt, what would anyone do? Drink drink and drink. I made mistakes. I can see that now. I can see how i changed and who i became. But love does that right? I'm far from perfect, to be honest my flaws is all i can see in the mirror. I hate my body, i hate my personality and i hate how the bad stuff that happened to me has tainted my social skills.

Stop haunting my dreams. The bottle empties too quickly these days. My friends are thinning and my life is blending into the backdrop. The kid who was on the verge is now wallpaper. Goodbye dreams.

I wonder if she would attend my funeral?

No comments:

Post a Comment