Saturday, December 19, 2009

The slide

Jonathan Swift was known for many things in his short lived life, but I envy the words he spoke about life. I remember reading once he said “A lie does not consist in the indirect position of words, but in the desire and intention, by false speaking, to deceive and injure your neighbour.” It stuck with me, because lies make the world go around. I lied to her, she lied to me. Some malicious some white lies, but nonetheless all lies.

Everybody needs something in this world. Growing up I was made to believe I needed love. I had and have the unmatchable love of my family and friends, but I wanted that movie love. The notebook romance people crave and live for. The plans had begun for me to run away from the only person that has hurt me so tremendously. The plan was to run away to London, away from everyone and everything, after I got my teaching degree so I can work as a teacher in the roughest education system with English as a first language. The scary thing is my slippery slope began this time when we seperated. The things I began to do took me back to when I was looking to be something or someone that was noticed. The worst was ahead, and it all fell like dominoes!

A lie hides the truth. A story tries to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment